I have made a few fun posts on Can't Fake Time, and this blog is feeling a little bit neglected by comparison. I might end up switching this over to a different platform than blogger and transforming into something a little more static while I continue to blog with Rachel over yonder. We'll see.
(Is that too much honesty?)
For now, here's a status update:
I'm currently querying:
- The Guardian Mermaid, a YA fantasy retelling of The Little Mermaid.
- In a nutshell: In this reimagining of Hans Christian Anderson's "The Little Mermaid," sisterhood is more than skin and scales. It is forged from a heartstring, tethered to a sword.
I'm currently (most actively) drafting:
- Secret of the Stars, a YA sci-fi (or space fantasy, maybe?)
- In a nutshell: Nix would give anything to be able to build doll-sized AI and make some actual friends who won't judge her for her origins. Once she has those friends, she'll cross wormholes and star systems to save them and one of her fathers from nefarious space pirates.
- Status: Very First Draft. ~143 pages, ~2/3 through the intended storyline.